Friday, December 09, 2011

Tomato and Egg Soup with Crab Meat 番茄蟹肉蛋花汤

Ahh yesterday I saw my aunty sharing a recipe of a tomato and egg soup, so I want to make this for my dinner tonight!
I generally look at the recipe and found that its quite simple to make, healthy and low calorie.
I guess everyone cooked this soup at home before , as it is just simply delicious!

Have some groceries shopping and I grabbed the following ingredients for 2 serves:
garlic
medium size tomato x 3
shallot
large egg x 2
crab meat (optional and quantity is adjustable)

seasoning:
salt
3 tbsp light soy sauce
pepper
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp of chicken powder
1-2 tsp sesame oil
deep fried shallot for garnish (optional)

The ingredient are actually adjustable and can be substitute or replaced with others veggies,
or even add in other ingredients (meat/veggies) according to personal favourite :)

I personally will add in some soy sauce as I think it will give more flavour to the soup
other than the taste of just salt and pepper.
And the final touch of crunchy shallot and sesame oil is definitely gonna make
the soup smell and taste more delicious :)

Preparation:
(a) Wash and remove the core of the tomato, make a cross by using a knife
on the bottom of tomato.
(b) In a pot of hot water, blanch the tomato for 30 second and then scoop out to be
immersed into cold water immediately.
(c) Peel off the tomato skin and slice into thin slices.
(d) Wash and cut the shallot into around 5cm long.
(e) Chop the garlic, you will need around 2 tsp of chopped garlic.

How to:

(1)  Heat up some oil in a hot pot, put in the garlic and stir until you smell the aroma.
(2) Put in the shallot and continue stir frying for 30 second, at the same time add in
the chicken powder, pepper and salt.
(3) Then, chuck in the tomato and stir fry for 2 minutes and put in the soy sauce and sugar.
You will see the dry base is becoming more liquid as the tomato is releasing the juice.
(4) Then, put in enough water until it slightly cover the tomato.
(5) Have a taste and put in more salt and pepper if necessary, soy sauce also can be added if you prefer the taste of soy sauce. If its too salty you can always add more water.
(6) Wait until it boils, now you can add in the crab meat into the soup base.
(7)Get ready the slightly beaten eggs. While pouring it slowly you
stir the soup base until you finish pouring the egg mixture.
(8) Put on some sesame oil and garnish with deep fried shallot, enjoy!
I like this soup so much as the sourness of the tomato did enhance my appetite ^^
The egg did add in more flavour and richness to the soup which I think no one
would ever say no to this soup hahahahaha XD
The additional of crab meat give me more satisfaction, I can have it without any rice
and my hubby have 2 bowls of rice with this soup!

No comments: