Sunday, February 05, 2012

Simple Vegetables and Fish Fillet Soup

Hmm gonna have something simple and healthy tonight ^^
Let's make some soup with some vegetables hehehe

Ingredients:
Choy Sum
Bean Sprouts (braised with hot water, drained  and set aside for later use)
chopped shallot
chopped garlic
fish fillet (marinated with zhao xin wine+soy sauce+pepper and some sugar)
deep fried shallot & spring onion as garnish

Seasoning:
pepper
salt
sugar
chicken powder
soy sauce
cooking rice wine
zhao xin wine
sesame oil

How to:
(a) In a pot, over a medium flame heat up some oil and stir fry the shallot and garlic for 1 minute until the aroma comes out.
(b) Add in the fish and stir fry for another 2 minutes then add in enough water until it just slightly cover the fish.
(c) Wait until the water boils the adjust the taste, add in more salt/soy sauce and pepper  + rice wine+chicken powder+sesame oil+sugar.
(d) Add in the choy sum and cook for another few minutes.
(e) Serve the soup with some bean sprouts and top with some spring onion and deep fried shallot.
ENJOY!

I really love this soup, my hubby is having it with steam rice and he is enjoying it ^^
I am using fish fillet in the soup as I love fish plus I want to have some meat in the soup
or hubby gonna complain XD
This is really of a healthy dinner with less oil and more vegetables.
You may also substitute the fish with chicken or pork, or choose any of your favourite vegetables!
It is always my favourite to have some spring onion or shallot on my soups hehehe
Drools~~~~~

5 comments:

lena said...

simple and good. More bean sprouts for me!

Paris Pastry said...

Drooling indeed!! Vegetable soup is my favorite actually :) It looks sooo good!

x

Zoe said...

This is a healthy, yummy and therapeutic dish. I can eat this everyday.

Daphne said...

Thanks for all of your lovely comment :)

Darren said...

Owh looks so nice, healthy and great to go with a bowl of rice yumm!